The New World
There is no question the world of energy and utilities is shifting from large incumbents to disruptive technologies and solution based approaches.
Products & Services
It is in this environment that we thrive…
It is in this environment that we thrive…
Who we are
Simply Group is a Kiwi-owned innovator that simplifies the process of buying, selling and consuming energy and utility services for property companies, businesses and alternative power generators.
We are a tight knit team with over 100 years of combined experience across technology, engineering and commercialisation of products and services within the energy and utility sectors.
We operate across highly regulated, complex technological environments that are now faced with increasing disruption.
Work with us
We genuinely partner with our clients through service agreements and joint ventures with clear outcomes and KPIs.
Then we apply our expertise, agile systems and compliance capabilities to identify and implement new businesses and solutions to increase profitability.
We enable our clients to participate in New Zealand’s energy and utility markets by taking the hassle, the detail and the hard work out of buying, selling, reconciliation, billing and data analytics for energy & utility services.
We help our client’s save money, create additional revenue streams or build goodwill…
Making the complex simple is what we do…
Agile Energy & Utility Solutions
Simply Group simplifies data management, reconciliation, billing and risk services to the energy and utility sector
We identify, establish and manage innovative services, taking the complexity out of energy and utility markets for our clients.
Ability to commercialise
We rapidly commercialise new ideas and initiatives with existing networks and trusted partners.
Agile across markets
We act across the value chain – from wholesale markets, infrastructure and retail solutions – to create tangible value for our clients and partners.
We are experts at managing data, creating solutions for compliant reconciliation and billing and structuring deals within regulated energy and utility markets.
Infrastructure and critical mass
We have the people and technical capability to create, deliver and operate innovative business and product lines.
Refer to some recent case studies that bring together the Simply Group capabilities into successful client solutions;
- Precinct Properties – Electricity and Network Optimisation: In a significant conversion and implementation exercise, Tenco have successfully overhauled Precinct Properties’ electricity supply systems across the property giant’s entire portfolio.
- First Gas – from zero to top billing: combining our technology and expertise to implement a complex billing solution for over 60,000 meter connection points delivered within a three month period.
- Willis Bond – Clyde Quay Wharf development: working with the developer on implementation and ongoing management of an embedded network for the long term interests of the owners.
- Robt. Jones Holdings – Energy Solutions for Property Portfolio: Simply Group has combined their energy market expertise, electricity supply and provision of embedded networks to provide a comprehensive solution for RJH
- Cold Storage Nelson – Wholesale Energy & Controls: Simply Energy working as an energy partner assisting with wholesale energy supply and solutions combined with CSN investment in energy efficiency projects and automated controls
- 28.April.2017: Energy News article - Simply Group moving into water (note: Energy News subscription required for access)
- 12.April.2017: Geekzone article on Simply Groups move into provision of technology and services to the gas industry
- 03.March.2017: Simply Group on RNZ with Jessie Mulligan – Technology and Data Innovation with Callaghan Innovation, Counties Power and Creative HQ
- 27.February.2017: Idealog article on Simply Group – Lightning Lab and Kiwi energy companies join forces to spark innovation
Simply Group offers data management, reconciliation, billing and risk services to the energy and utility sector
Simply Group are complementing and supporting disruptive technologies and new business models that still need to interact with market systems and compliant processes
We are supporting over 70,000 meter connection points under management across electricity, gas, water and waste
Simply Energy is a registered electricity generator-retailer able to deliver solutions right across the NZ electricity market
Electricity Supply; to commercial, industrial and SME customer sites
Generation Services; power sales, advisory and services
Billing Solutions; White Label Retail Services and Solutions for energy producers, generators, retailers and network companies
Deloitte Fast 50
2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013
2010 / 2012 / 2014
TENCO provides private network utility solutions for over 100 property group clients
Embedded Networks; establishment, reconciliation, billing and regulatory compliance for property group embedded networks
Utility Billing; manage utility billing for property groups (shopping centres, airports, business park) for electricity, gas, water & waste
Deloitte Fast 50
Axos licenses its utility meter data management and billing products to energy/utility network and retail companies
Licensed Products include:
Axos Datahub for meter data management, estimations, validations and exceptions management
Axos Billing for utility billing of complex tariffs
Axos On-Board; for managing data migration and historical reconciliation & wash-ups
SEL Capital provides trading, risk and deal structuring services for the energy and commodity markets
Trading and Risk Services for independent generators, retailers, commercial and industrial energy consumers through advisory, intermediation and deal structuring
Advisory and Deal Structuring to the energy and commodity markets for asset acquisition, divestment, funding and commercial structuring
Simply Aqua provides water meter data management, reconciliation, billing and analytic services to water companies, property groups and councils
Meter Data and Billing Services to water related clients that includes meter data management and billing of fresh water, grey water, reticulated hot water and irrigation schemes
Reconciliation and Network Analytics for water related clients for network reconciliation, tariff management and network planning